A $3 billion travel services company requested PPT’s assistance to help improve the maturity of its PMO. The IT In take process was “broken” and did not meet the needs of the business. The PMO toolset was inadequate and did not enable high quality reporting. The % of projects delivered on time was just 50%. Customer dissatisfaction was high.
- Improve the % of projects delivered on time
- Improve visibility and transparency into IT performance via RAG health reporting and KPI dashboard
- Build and repair relationships with business partners through improved performance
- Enhance/upgrade the IT PMO toolset to manage project status information
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & BENEFITS
- % of projects delivered on time increased from 50% to 71% within a 6 month time period
- Streamlined and standardized the IT In Take Process to improve visibility into business benefits, prioritization, resource allocation and decision making.
- Upgraded the ‘Project tracker’ toolset from Sharepoint to Jira.
- Rescued high visibility projects and enabled them to meet stakeholder expectations and achieve intended business benefits (i.e. Jetpay migration, AEM)
- Improved customer relationships with several key stakeholders