In order to achieve its overall business growth objectives, our client wished to assess its business needs and to develop an IT Roadmap that was integrated and aligned with the Business growth objectives. The overall objective of this engagement was to develop a plan that addressed both near term (1 year) and longer term (3 years) needs, while providing a flexible but specific link to the business objectives.
- Design a plan for information technology implementation to allow client to achieve its overall business growth objectives.
- Clearly identify critical gaps which must be closed in relation to time sensitive business drivers.
- Design a balanced, pragmatic program of short-term and longer-term investments.
- Design a lean and flexible IT organization capable of implementing and sustaining the IT Roadmap and an estimated year-1 budget.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- The IT Needs Assessment & Roadmap initiative identified 35 critical technology and process capabilities required to support business objectives and meet critical BLA filing, commercialization and compliance timelines.
- These 35 capabilities were prioritized and sequenced to form the Roadmap and organized into 7 discrete programs of related components to support implementation.
- This program orientation will provide the client a framework for managing an end-to-end portfolio of technology and process focused initiatives in a coordinated and integrated fashion.
- The initiative has also provided a near term tactical plan for creating a lean and flexible IT organization capable of implementing and sustaining the IT Roadmap along with an estimated budget for the 1st year of operation.