Our client, a leader in steel manufacturing, had experienced several failures in their Information Technology infrastructure that caused widespread disruption to critical technology systems supporting on-going operations. They had previously invested in technology enhancements designed to improve the performance, resiliency and availability of critical systems, however those investments alone were unable to prevent outages to critical systems or to minimize their impact. The focus was to conduct an assessment of client’s current capabilities and maturity in Service Operation, identify gaps and develop an ITIL implementation roadmap.
- Create a Stable Environment with Repeatable Processes
- Improve Customer Satisfaction
- Improve System Availability to Better Support Business
- Increase Organizational Agility to React Rapidly to Changing Business Needs and Regulatory Requirements
ACCOMPLISHMENTS / BENEFITS
- Delivered a detailed “Findings, Analysis & Recommendations” document providing the maturity levels for each process area and identified nineteen (19) quick-win initiatives across the five (5) process areas in scope.
- Uncovered nine (9) additional improvement initiatives, outside of the process areas in scope, during interviews with a variety of stakeholders in the areas of people, process, and technology.
- Developed and conducted a customized ITIL overview workshop and delivered specific and focused education material to the various Infrastructure and Application Teams.
- Developed a roadmap and strategy for the implementation of the nineteen (19) quick-win initiatives as well as a strategy for introducing an Application Lifecycle Management Program into the organization.