A healthcare insurance firm experienced was looking to improve customer satisfaction with its customer service operations. They wanted to leverage the service management concepts inherent in the IT industry best practice of ITIL and apply those principles to business customer service operations.
- Develop a clear vision for excellent customer experience
- Identify the relevant best practices from ITIL
- Design a revised service management process and implementation plan
- Conduct a pilot to validate the process design and gain consensus and understanding of direction
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Led a dynamic workshop to define a vision for excellent customer experience and identify the underlying drivers of that experience
- Developed a full service management process emphasizing incident and request management, escalation and service management governance
- Developed a glossary of ITIL process and governance terminology to help in creating a common language for service across all business departments
- Conducted a pilot of the revised service process, creating workarounds as needed to avoid delay in waiting for systems changes.
- Developed a high-level implementation plan addressing communications, training and systems actions required. Developed a functional specification for systems changes.