A $2B division of a gas products company engaged PPT to review the on-boarding process for all new resources, including employees and contractors. The scope also included process improvement for employee transfers, terminations, and name changes. The organization was challenged with a lack of interdepartmental communication and system limitations which resulted in poor experience for the new resources. With the leadership of PPT, the organizations IT department led a cross-functional review and improvement effort that focused on both short term quick hit opportunities and long term strategic goals.
- Improve overall organizational performance for identified processes
- Baseline and document current processes to establish starting point for improvement
- Develop and gain cross-functional acceptance for future state processes
- Develop short, medium, and long term recommendations for process improvement and system considerations
- Improve interdepartmental communication and understanding of holistic processes
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Created a comprehensive set of process documentation and supporting narratives that the organization can implement either on their own or with outside assistance
- Established improved dialog between departments involved in the identified processes
- Detailed a phased approach for improvement opportunities across an 18 month timeframe
- Streamlined processes to reduce number of exceptions between corporate and the field organization.