A $2b distributor of gas products engaged PPT Consulting to review and improve field delivery processes to reduce the instances of out of gas conditions (instances where a customer used all gas in their tank). The evaluation included the review of field delivery data, formulation of root causes, and the development of new processes for the field to adopt. PPT also worked to devise implementation plans for the new processes and key performance indicators for tracking progress. Lastly, PPT developed a manual and transferred knowledge to client personnel to ensure sustainability of the new processes.
- Verify top root causes of field out of gas conditions.
- Determine root causes and re-engineer field processes to address those causes.
- Ensure a sustainable plan through training and knowledge transfer of client personnel.
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators for ongoing monitoring.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- For the 17 worst performing field locations, decreased one major root cause of out of gas conditions by 56%.
- Developed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the elimination of one major root cause of out of gas conditions; the SOP was adopted company-wide.