The application support model at a Fortune 50 Pharmaceutical company was not clearly defined causing Information Technology personnel to continuously provide impromptu end-user support for a multitude of applications. While essential to the end-user community, this regular support diverted IT resources from their core competency and true value-added responsibilities within the organization. Eager to address the situation, the company turned to PPT to develop and execute an Application Support Program.
- Remove routine support tasks from the responsibility of IT personnel thereby enabling them to work on value-added activities.
- Increase customer service across the end-user community.
- Identify Cost Savings and Process Efficiencies that would yield $250k of value over a 1 year period.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- 6 person team located at 2 client sites provide end-user support via face to face, phone, email, webform and instant messenger for over 55 applications.
- Processes defined and documented for New Application Inclusion, Issue Receipt and Resolution, End-User Survey Analysis and Issue Escalation.
- Documented increase in Customer Satisfaction of over 2 full points (on a scale of 1-5).
- Total Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance of $675,000.
- Enablement of 3 Full Time Equivalents.