In order to remediate a recovery gap identified in a prior Business Continuity project, a Medium Sized High-Technology Company sought to develop a Disaster Recovery Plan for their proprietary technology environment. PPT, having completed a prior Business Continuity project, was engaged to guide the client through a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) in order to quantify downtime associated with loss of the technical environment. In addition, PPT provided templates and guidance for the documentation of a recovery plan and conducted interview sessions to populate the plan.
- Conduct a Business Impact Analysis to quantify downtime associated with the clients proprietary technical environment.
- Develop a Disaster Recovery Plan for the proprietary technical environment.
- Document Recovery Gaps in a Recovery Gap Log for clients ongoing use.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Developed a Business Impact Analysis to quantify the losses that could be incurred by the client if their technical environment was inoperable.
- Through interviews and staff discussions PPT created a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Provided general Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery education.
- Facilitated clients development of a Cost Benefit Analysis of a potential strategy to offset the risk of technical environment loss.