The $900MM Region of a Fortune 100 Company Division had been experiencing regular Hurricane and related incidents as a result of a Data Center located in a hurricane zone in the south central United States. The data center supported the entire Region and, as such, supported a large portion of the divisions revenue. The client sought to identify options to reduce the risk associated with possible hurricanes and associated disaster scenarios. PPT Consulting was engaged to conduct a formal analysis of DR Plans and to develop alternatives to mitigate the risk of future hurricane seasons.
- Verify Critical Systems.
- Conduct an Impact Analysis of Critical Systems; identify System Interdependencies and Costs of Downtime.
- Provide input and contract recommendations regarding the Clients existing Outsourced Data Center Recovery Provider.
- Identify immediate next steps for hurricane season risk mitigation.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Facilitated Clients completion of Critical System Impact Analyses.
- Developed a 3 year Business Case for Risk Mitigation Expenditures based on Costs of Downtime.
- Defined Project Profiles including scope, schedule, resources and cost for various Risk Mitigation Options.
- Facilitated Senior Executive Buy-In for enacting Risk Mitigation Options.