A $2B manufacturer of specialty steel products required assistance implementing their Project Management Office (PMO) tools, processes and reports. The PMO was required to track several new ERP and Business Process Transformation initiatives that the client was anticipating starting later in the year. PPT was engaged to provide best practice Project and Program Management techniques to establish and operate the PMO.
- Establish a formal Program Management Office (PMO) including tools, processes and reports to ensure that future IT and Business Process Transformation initiatives were following common/proven implementation best practices while utilizing standard tools and reporting mechanisms.
- Ensure that IT Leadership had regular visibility to the status of the projects within the PMO.
- Begin to formally deploy the new PMO tools and techniques into two new technology project and business process initiatives within the organization.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Reviewed existing PMO tools, processes and reports deployed by the clients IT Department and updated based on best practice input and suggestions for improvement.
- Established the overall Project Steering/Governance Committee goals and Charter.
- Formally established and introduced the PMO and project tracking tools and procedures to the business and implementation teams.
- Successfully kicked off two new projects following the new PMO guidelines and procedures.
- Provided education and training for Technology Implementation and Master Data Management best practices and lessons-learned.