A healthcare insurance firm experienced growing pains in moving from its dynamic entrepreneurial beginnings to a more mature organization that needed to leverage process and best practices to yield consistent repeatable results and foster change management. A Project Management Office (PMO) was identified as the right vehicle to establish project standards and successfully execute projects.
- Assess the clients project management maturity level
- Identify the needed policies, processes, tools and training
- Formulate a strategy to establish the PMO
- Identify key metrics and continuous improvement processes
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Identified key stakeholders and conducted several rounds of interviews to determine critical project management pain points.
- Reviewed, validated and ranked the pain point list with stakeholders
- Developed a PMO roadmap to address pain points and augment the clients protect management maturity level
- Created a PMO toolkit with the requisite documents, tools and templates to support fundamental PMO operations