The IT Department of a $1B Pharmaceutical company engaged PPT to conduct an IT Operational Assessment which uncovered the need to define and improve repeatable processes in order to provide more reliable and efficient support to Business Operations. Seeking to leverage the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practice framework for departmental transformation, the Client engaged PPT to drive the initiative. PPT managed the entire engagement including the introduction of ITIL Best Practices across all IT Process Areas, the Communication and Adoption of Best Practices and the Project Management of ITIL-related software tool implementation.
- IT Process re-engineering to identify more streamlined, efficient and effective IT processes.
- Transformation of the IT Department to adopt IT Process Best Practices and develop a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Identification and management of IT Process metrics for baseline measurement and continuous improvement capabilities.
- Identification and management of Technology Services to the Business (e.g., Email, Network Connectivity, etc.)
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Successful IT Process re-engineering including Future Business Processes, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Continuous Improvement Plans and Communication and Adoption activities.
- Achievement of a measurable maturity level increase across IT Processes in scope.
- Institution of regular KPI review meetings for cross-process management, education and improvement.
- Identification of Key Services being provided to the Business for management and improvement.