A $500MM chemicals manufacturer was in need of an Enterprise Resource Planning system to coordinate global plant operations ranging from Finance to Production. PPT was engaged to conduct a Software Selection leveraging two Australian plants for detailed requirements definition and a cross-section of the remaining global plants for process variation identification. PPT embarked upon a structured approach of requirements definition, demonstration script development, RFP development and assessment, and scripted and scored demonstrations.
- Identify Key Selection Criteria (User Requirements, Total Cost of Ownership, Vendor Viability, etc.) for the Software System.
- Identify Software Systems that could accommodate Key Requirements and were within the Critical Selection Criteria parameters.
- Review look and feel of systems and conduct scripted and scored Vendor Demonstrations.
- Facilitate the Client Core Team to a System Decision.
Accomplishments / Benefits:
- Documented the System Requirements (incorporating variations from global operations) and Scripted Functional Demonstrations that would form the foundation for the subsequent System Implementation.
- Created a comprehensive Request for Proposal (RFP) and facilitated the review and ranking of Client Proposal responses.
- Facilitate the final selection by the Client Core Team of eight representatives.