Our client, a leader in the travel & leisure industry, was in the process of selling a building in Farmington, NY that currently housed call center employees and operations aligned with the Travel Impressions Business Unit. KCD sought a PPT Facilities Move Project Manager to work directly with the Director of Infrastructure and the Facilities Move Project Team. This Project Manager was to work across functional IT teams as well as business units to ensure the move was completed in a timely manner that met the needs of the sale of the building.
- Serve as gatekeeper for the team, communicating team progress, and removing impediments.
- Ensure project activities are tracked for the schedule, scope, resources and funding.
- Manage issues and risks in order to minimize exposure and risk on project.
- Elevate all critical issues and risks with suggested courses of action.
- Create and manage the project communications plan.
- Execute the all tasks to ensure the move is successful.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & BENEFITS
This project had a very aggressive timeframe and limited, knowledgeable resources on hand to execute across all IT infrastructure areas. The ability to have a strong resource with technical, managerial, and practical experience in all areas needed provided the benefits of:
- Identifying the gaps needed to complete the move
- Making recommendations in the network, telephony, and facilities space to close those gaps and set a more realistic timeframe for the move
- Manage across all vendors and KCD business units to ensure recommendations were implemented in a timely manner.
- Communicating and facilitating a successful move of all components in a timely manner for the customer.