A multi-national manufacturing and distribution company of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and special alloys is in the midst of implementing SAP S4/HANA as an enterprise-wide, end-to-end solution for financials, manufacturing, EH&S, logistics, and supply chain across the organization. In support of this initiative, the company desires to establish an ERP support organization that is capable of sustaining the day-to-day business activities while the company continue to rollout SAP at new sites and businesses. The company anticipates a partner will take an active role in supporting our ERP production environment. The company also expects the partner will become their trusted advisor pertaining to leveraging SAP functionality – both now and in the future. In addition, the company will gain benefits for having access to a pool of subject matter experts that would not normally be available to a company their size.
- Allowing the project team to resume the next wave/rollout activities immediately after the conclusion of the hyper-care period
- Ensuring that there is no business disruption as the company continues to adopt the new business processes and systems
- Enabling the business users to gain system knowledge and utilize SAP’s full functionality.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & BENEFITS
- Developed the overall ERP support sourcing strategy;
- Developed Request for Proposal (RFP) based on the scope of services and business requirements;
- Evaluated vendor proposals/solutions and facilitated vendor down selection;
- Facilitated vendor oral presentations (as needed);
- Supported vendor due diligence including vendor reference checks;
- Evaluated proposal/solution recalibration and vendor’s final and best offer; and
- Assisted with contract negotiation including Statement of Work (SOW) and Service Level Agreement (SLA).