A leading global materials company, with over $4B in revenue, has recently issued an AMS Request for Proposal (RFP) to a major SAP Partner to provide production support for its carve-out SAP ECC 6 environment. The end goal is to implement a new process-oriented organization that would support the company strategic vision for the role of information technology in supporting business objectives. The company is expecting the service provider to play a key role in the future organization with respect to delivering the day-to-day operations support as well as key initiatives. The outcome of this RFP initiative is intended to form a support foundation where business and IT can collaborate on ways to better run the business by enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology. In addition, the company desires to partner with a firm that can provide advisory services to ensure that the solution being proposed by Accenture is aligned with IT strategy and meets business needs.
- Evaluate the service provider’s proposed solution with regard to:
- Key assumptions and estimation
- Transition plan
- Scope of Services including roles and responsibilities
- Resource loading and skill set allocation
- Workload variance
- Service Level Agreements (incident response/resolution time).
- Recommend adjustments to the delivery model (as needed); and
- Assist with proposal/solution recalibration
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & BENEFITS
- Recommended coverage and staff load
- Recommended key roles and responsibilities including critical skillsets
- Recommended the scope of services and high-level SLAs.