Our client, a global chemical company, is in the process of insourcing all information technology services from its current provider, including application migration for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, EH&S, R&D and Engineering. The focus of this project was to assess the current application portfolio, then to prepare to transfer the responsibility to the client.
- Finalize the application portfolio to be migrated to the client-managed environment;
- Collaborate with business owners and the service provider to validate system functionality and dependencies;
- Validate and document technical requirements; identify system interdependencies and system interfaces;
- Develop a migration plan for each application based on technical requirements and target platform.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & BENEFITS
- Delivered definitive inventory of 173 applications; classifying them by technology and migration approach.
- Planned migrations for plant shop floor applications to minimize business disruption during the migration process.
- Collaborated with two businesses on RFP to replace and transform laboratory information management system, including consolidating business requirements and preparing scope of work statement.
- Translated business requirements into functional designs; clarified and validated user interface logic.
- Created migration guide for a 3400+ page web site, to facilitate flexible resource management