The client was a manufacturer of specialty alloy-based materials and process solutions for aerospace, defense, medical and other industries. They were in need of a Senior SAP Data Migration Lead to assist with the planning and execution of the Data Migration activities in preparation for and during their SAP Implementation.
The focus was on leading the process teams through data cleansing and enrichment efforts throughout the course of the loading cycles and multiple go-lives.
- Lead the data cleansing approach
- Lead the data enrichment design and monitor progress throughout project lifecycle
- Contribute to the development of a Data Conversion approach and strategy
- Lead development of processes and systems such that Data Migration, Data Enrichment and Data Cleansing will be automated where appropriate.
ACCOMPLISHMENT & BENEFITS
- Directed and maintained gathering of all project data collection and enrichment efforts, monitored progress weekly and reported metrics per each cycle build.
- Developed and managed each pre-cycle Data Prep project plan. This included all activities related to legacy data extractions, collections and enrichments and environment builds.
- Worked with Process Teams toward collection of all Data Validation scripts, reviewed each for content. During each load cycle, audited the scripts for required information and attachments as final approval for an object load.
- Audited all data object loads for each cycle, verifying counts and file names, in anticipation of external project audits.
- Led development of the data enrichment tool DSP, and provided guidance and training to business users to collect data for S/4HANA.