PPT’s Client works with dozens of vendors to provide a broad range of benefits services to employees including medical insurance, financial and retirement programs, wellness services, legal assistance, courtesy services, discounts, and more. Their vendor invoice payment process was manual and inefficient; consuming nearly two thousand labor hours annually to intake, review, approve, and coordinate with Accounts Payable to process payments. The team used a cloud-based workflow management to develop a process enabling vendors to upload their invoices via a secure web form. PPT also led the design, development and implementation of middleware applications to transmit approved vendor invoices to their Account Payable application for processing and payment, eliminating significant manual processing.
- Reduce or eliminate manual effort for invoice processing and handoffs to AP.
- Minimal cost to deploy and minimal effort to maintain solution.
- Improved invoice analytics and reporting.
ACCOMPLISHMENT & BENEFIT
- Designed and implemented a fully automated solution to process invoices from intake through accounts payable plus reporting.
- Eliminated approximately 1200 manual labor hours annually and over $250,000 in software costs vs. a COTS product under consideration.
- Utilized existing technologies within the client’s technology landscape where possible. Added new technology with minimal cost.
- Designed and built a data warehouse to store invoice data and developed BI reports to improve visibility of spend management to department leadership. Solution later expanded to include all spend (T&E, claims, etc.)